Latest posts by EileenDreams (see all)
- Single Female in Mexico. Is She Nuts? Part 3 - April 8, 2017
- Single, Female, and Safe in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Part 2 - April 6, 2017
- Is It Safe to Travel to Mexico by Yourself? - April 5, 2017
The Best, Easiest, and Cheapest Ways To Boost SEO on your WordPress Site
First, make a list of your keywords then incorporate them throughout your site. Anyone can do this. You do not need to be an SEO keyword analyst. Don’t be afraid of SEO or keywords. SEO is just a fancy way to say “Search Engine Optimization”. In other words, “get found on the internet”. Start by writing down all the words that pertain to your business website. If you don’t know how to research keywords for SEO simply make a list of words that people would use to find your site. This is important. Make your list. It is sort of like “How can you get where you are going if you don’t have a clear direction.” You need this list.
Make a list of:
- who you want to find your site
- how you want them to find it.
- how you would describe your business.
- what words would someone else would use to try to find your business.
- Where your business is
- What type of business it is
- What problem does your business solve
- How your business can make life better
Be as specific as possible and be sure to include your geographic location if it is relevant to your business. Put your keywords and phrases in order of significance to your business search. This list is important, narrow it down, put it in order of relevance, and use it throughout your site. Always remember to use your keywords to accurately name all links, pages, and files with keywords in mind.
Use your keywords and phrases everywhere you can, but use them honestly in a way that you would actually speak. Over-using a keyword to trick search engines will backfire if the language is not real. Stay real. (Ok – that was campy. Sorry.)
- On page titles
- On post titles
- In image and photo descriptions
- Alt descriptions
- In Meta descriptions
- Add analytics like “Add this” so you can track where your traffic is coming from.
An easy way to incorporate keywords in your WordPress site is to install plugins and add your keywords into every page and post. For improving SEO I prefer:
- All in One SEO Pack
- Google XML Sitemaps
Image names are Vital
Search engines read the image description, title, and Alt tags. Therefore, all images should have ALT and TITLE attributes defined, Even though a visitor to your site might not see them. This is the image equivalent of the doc title or meta description for the page, ideally with a keyword in it. Think in real language search terms just the way you would talk. An image filename of “bg179925.jpg” is not useful for search engines but “GreatWhiteRockDeli” makes sense and could be a true search phrase.
I hope this is clear and easy to understand. If you have any questions, please ask. I like to talk 🙂