20 Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Website
Having your business is even more critical since covid. Covid dramatically increased the number of people shopping online and buyers have embraced the experience wholeheartedly. According to Forbes: Globally, 49% more consumers shop online now than before COVID-19. (Bazaarvoice) and they are not rushing to return to retail.
Research shows that Google is the first place people search to find what they want. 63% of shopping begins online (Oberlo) and according to Big Commerce; 43% of global shoppers research products online through social networks. People buy online, do business online, and get entertained online. With statistics like these, your business can’t afford not to have a website.
1. Proves that you are a legitimate business.
• Your website is your virtual storefront.
2. Increases your business visibility.
• Using Google My Business offers many paths to reach your ideal client.
3. Helps your branding become recognizable.
• Your logo, colours, voice, & brand elements help build your brand identity which develops credibility.
4. Saves you and your customer time with questions you answer repeatedly every day.
• Questions like hours and location are easily accessible within seconds.
5. Provides images and information on your products.
• Go into the minute visual details of your product.
6. Gives detailed information about your services.
• Information your ideal client might not otherwise think to ask about.
7. Positions you competitively in your field.
• An up-to-date, visually appealing, and responsive website puts you on the playing field.
8. Targets search engines so you can be found.
• Both locally and globally, direct your SEO to your ideal client.
9. Places you everywhere in the world.
• The internet has no geographical limitations.
10. Connects all your platforms to one location.
• Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, WhatsApp, Snap Chat… can all be linked centrally from your website.
11. Is owned by you. No one can shut it down but you.
• Remember when Facebook shut down last October? Only for 7 hours, but businesses who relied solely on Facebook were panicking, with zero control over the situation.
12. Is easily accessible and always open. Different time zones don’t matter.
• Not like when I was a kid and I had to wait for CBS to come online.
13. Provides customer reviews and testimonials.
• The most powerful sales tool is what people are saying about you. Place reviews on your website and in Google Reviews.
14. Google maps shows where you are located and give directions.
• How often have you Googled “Fast food near me”, or “local computer repair”?
15. Gives you website traffic insights for SEO.
• Stay informed about what works with your marketing plan using Google Insights, trackers, and split testing to learn more about your ideal client.
16. Allows your client to get to know you and build a relationship with you.
• People want to do business with people. This is your opportunity to show who you are and share your story. When they are ready, they will buy from you.
17. Connects your client to you through contact buttons, email, phone, and chat.
• Your website can offer multiple ways for people to connect with you.
18. Your customer can purchase your product and service directly from your website.
• Imagine making money while you are with your family on vacation or asleep.
19. Brings your customer to you instead of you trying to find them.
• Thanks to SEO, social media, and your online community all funneling to your website.
20. Avoids losing business to a competitor who already has a website.
• 63% of people start their buying journey with an online search. What happens when they search your business, and you are not online.
A website is fundamental to a comprehensive digital marketing plan to compliment your social media platforms and enhance traditional forms of marketing. You need a trustworthy and experienced professional to guide you through the process, answer your questions, and suggest ideas you may not have considered.
If you are ready to create a website that attracts your perfect customer, click here to schedule a conversation about how you can elevate your online presence.